Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Silly Questions I Have Too Much Time to Think About

Most of the people I know are way too busy to think about the silly little things in life … not me. Here’s my latest time-consuming, mind-boggling thoughts:

How do the birds know when I put food in the bird feeder? The bird feeder had been empty for a few days. There were zero birds in sight. A couple days ago, I filled the bird feeder. In less then 5 minutes, there were more than 50 birds in my yard attacking the bird seed. So, how do they know? Is one little bird sitting look out and then speed dialing on the bird cell phone to all the other little birdies? Can they smell the seeds? Are they chirping out the message? I don’t know. I don’t get it. It’s fun to watch anyway.

How does the refrigerator get so dirty when I haven’t spilled anything? We are careful with our food, enclosing it in plastic containers or wrapping it in foil. We throw out bad food. We wipe containers before putting them away. So, how come when I cleaned the frig last week, it was totally yucky? Crumbs, sticky spots and residue. Where does the dirt come from?

How come our cats come inside to go to the bathroom? Don’t they realize that when they are outside the whole world is their cat box? Why do they find it necessary to come inside to use the regular cat box and then want to go right back outside?

My mind never stops thinking, processing, whirring. It’s tiring … and all for such trivial stuff.

No comments: