Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Routine




The Christmas decorations are packed away and I’m back to my regular routine. But before that, I need to recap our mostly uneventful Christmas-New Year’s break. When we woke up the day after Christmas, we had 7” of snow. Mike made snow angels; I gathered wood for a warm fire. Less than a week later, all the snow had melted and it was 65 and sunny. Mike rented a log splitter. For only $90 (the cost of renting the log splitter, since Progress Energy donated the wood to us when they cleared out the trees in our neighborhood to prevent any falling on their power lines), we now have enough firewood to last several years. How cool!

Now Mike is back to work and I am busy cleaning and de-cluttering the house. I really need to take a trip to the local recycling center to eliminate the piles of cardboard sitting in the garage.

No comments: