Friday, November 19, 2010

A week of doctor appointments done – I’m mostly normal

This week was all about the doctors.

Monday – psychiatrist. I already wrote about that. I don’t think I’m going back.

Wednesday – sleep apnea dentist. Two nights down and I’m liking my mouth piece. Mike says I’m significantly quieter and I know I’m sleeping more. I wake with a couple slightly sore teeth, but that goes away quickly and I’m thinking it’s worth it.

Thursday – orthopedist for follow-up on my shoulder pain. We’re happy that last month’s cortisone shot worked so well, but a little concerned that the pain came back (at a lower level). But, since I’m ok living with this level of pain, we are just going to let it slide for now. The doctor wrote an open order for a shoulder MRI – if the pain increases, that’s the next step. There’s a chance that the rotator cuff has a tear in it. Mike already had that surgery. I’m not going that unless/until I HAVE to.

Friday – 2nd half of my physical with my primary care. Pap, etc. No big deal. Got a print out of all my test results. Just about everything is normal and good. Being somewhat overweight and taking the medicines I do and not eating as healthy as I should, positive test results always surprise me. THANKS, MOM AND DAD! Mammogram – normal. We also discussed that if I decide to take the anti-depressant, I could get refills and monitoring here and not have to return to the psychiatrist. That’s good by me.

The only (small) negative was the bone density scan showed a slight amount of reduction in density. We aren’t going to do anything about it right now, but I will get another scan in one year (instead of two) and keep checking. Still don’t want to break any more bones!

I’m tired of doctor appointments. Next week, a dental check-up and cleaning, but then, a much needed break from being healthy! Time to think turkey, dressing, pie, etc.

1 comment:

Katie said...

And not long until it's time to think Christmas with your favorite daughter and first birthday with your favorite grandson!

Love you