Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Barometric Pressure Falls; Sleep Decreases

Wow! The weather changed big time overnight. Yesterday, the Midwest experienced major storms and overnight that front moved into North Carolina. I know because I did not sleep. Changes in barometric pressure affect my body (in the past I kept an excel spreadsheet documenting these changes and my pain level).

My body ached. Lying on my t5 area felt like lying on crushed stones. OUCH! I tried sleeping in the master bed but that wasn’t happening and all I kept doing was waking my husband, so I moved to the guest bed (which is another air bed and fairly comfortable). Still, sleep was not happening. Finally, I got up and put a Flector patch (topical NSAID that surprisingly works for me) on my back and moved to the living room reclining chair. I also took my pain medicine. Finally, around 3:30 am, I got to sleep for about an hour. At around 5 am, I moved back to the guest room bed and slept for another hour or so.

The front moving in made for a very long, short night. I’ll definitely need a nap this afternoon. The barometric pressure is holding steady and I am finally feeling a little less pain. These are the days I think about my mom’s advice to move to the dry, steady climate of Arizona.

No comments: