Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Birthday Cake for Brady


Last weekend, Mike and I traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for Brady’s first birthday. It was the best weekend in a long time. What made it so fun? Daughter Katie is a tremendous and organized party planner … Katie and Jason’s friends are super sweet … Mike and I always have fun together … opening Christmas presents … beer, wine, tacos, pizza and other good food … and of course, the awesome one-year-old Brady.

Mike had the best line of the weekend. He said, “Brady is about as perfect as a baby can be. I blame Katie for that.” Ahhhhh, very sweet … and I agree.

Since it was Brady’s first birthday, everyone (except Katie) thought he should love the birthday cake and wear it all over his face. Brady wasn't having any of that. Brady has never had sweets (no juice, no cookies, no cake, no candy, etc). He prefers blueberries, avocado, tomatoes, bananas and anything else. We tried shoving cake and frosting into his mouth (at least to get the one picture), but he just spit it out. A kid who doesn't crave sugar … very cool!

I like sugar though and I’m presently making Christmas goodies (one batch per day). I want the rewards without too much pain.

Happy birthday Brady!

2 comments:

Brady's MOM said...

Yeah, he definitely didn't get the no sugar thing from his mama!

Send us cookies!!! :)

PS--does it make me a loser that you've blogged about his birthday before I can even make myself sit down to do it?

Candy said...

Daughter Katie wrote: Yeah, he definitely didn't get the no sugar thing from his mama!

Send us cookies!!! :)

PS--does it make me a loser that you've blogged about his birthday before I can even make myself sit down to do it?